The goal of the project is to co-design novel dual-frequency operation and a new highly integrated and distributed radio transceiver architecture (radiostripe) to achieve superior value with respect to energy, service availability and cost of deployment.
To make this possible we will combine expertise on wireless communication system and innovative hardware solutions and pull novel networks forward, unlocking the new potential of dual-frequency operation.
The project will primarily focus on the advancement of the combined low-frequency and sub-THz distributed MIMO system to enable new applications that require an unprecedented combination of performance factors. It will pull novel networks forward with joined expertise on wireless communication system and innovative hardware solutions opening new opportunities for highly energy-efficient operation and low-cost deployment.
Cost and Funding
The consortium is driven by the goal to provide uniform ultra-high throughput coverage, off-load lower frequency bands and offer new services.
By accomplishing that we will help set new guidelines for the whole European 6G community.
Mission and Objectives
6GTandem aims to achieve competitive advantage by defining and shaping the future of 6G infrastructures in Europe and contributing to the long-term impact of smart, flexible and scalable RAN evolution and offering hardware products that will reach a unique level in terms of RF performance, cost-, spectrum- and energy-efficiency in the global market.
- Develop the 6GTandem system presenting an optimized combination of a lower-frequency infrastructure and a sub-THz radiostripe.
- Develop models for the tandem system in terms of hardware impairments, propagation and impact of the radio environment.
- Design waveforms for dual-frequency systems with control information.
- Develop fully integrated communication links.
- Demonstrate and validate the concept to identify performance bottlenecks and to guide the future research directions in- and beyond the project lifetime.